English Country Dance
WELCOME TO ENGLISH COUNTRY DANCE
presented by the Monroe Area Council for the Arts at the Cora Veal Seniors Center
“Where friends meet to dance, and new friends are made.”
English Country Dance is a style of folk dance preceding Square Dance and a forerunner of modern line dance.
- No partner needed
- Each dance is taught with a walk-through, having the music played to understand the pace of the dance, and called.
- Dance patterns are prompted throughout by the caller
English Country Dance Classes
(You must pre-register)
- Classes will be held at the Cora Veal Seniors Center located at 144 College Street, Madisonville, TN
- Classes from 12-1 PM on January 20th & 27th, as well as February 3rd, 17th, & 24th.
- Classes are free of charge and are funded by the Tennessee Arts Commission
TO REGISTER CALL: Carol Ann Johnson at 423-884-6591