Intro to Swiftwater Paddle Boarding (SUP)
Intro to Swiftwater Paddle Boarding (SUP) – Saturday, Aug. 26 at Big Creek Access Ocoee River Take-out along Hwy 64 (Private Boater Take-out) (10:00am to 12:00pm).
Have you ever wanted a chance to paddle a Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) on swiftwater?
If you have answered “yes,” then it is time to grab your trusty PFD come shred some waves with Ranger Jeremy! At this unique and short program, we will discuss the structure/shape of the SUP watercraft that is designed to move along the waves of whitewater. Each participant will have the chance to paddle in flat water and will practice different paddling strokes. Then we will relocate and convoy to a different section of the Ocoee River to attempt to surf some waves.
We will all share/take turns using (1) HALA ATCHA 96 INFLATABLE WHITEWATER SUP. This will limit the actual paddling time that you will have on the board itself; however, you should get a good idea of what it takes to paddle on swiftwater.
- Each participant will need to possess the physical capability to paddle in swiftwater against the current of the river.
- Each participant will be required to wear a Class III or greater Coast Guard approved life jacket and will also need to wear a helmet while in the water.
- Sturdy footwear is a must; also bring whatever gear/clothes that would make your journey comfortable and safe
WHERE: Big Creek Access Ocoee River Take-out along Hwy 64 (Private Boater Take-out)
NOTE: The program will be canceled if inclement weather is takes place during the time of the program.
- $0 / Military Veteran or First Responder
- $5 / Attendee
- $15 / Attendee + Donation
For more info call 423-263-0050.